Things you need to know while lifting heavy objects
The process of relocation can be very tiring. Other than packing and moving, if you have to lift heavy objects on your own, you would be out of breath even before reaching your destination. Hence, it is best to hire a local mover in San Antonio when you relocate. But if you are not in a position to hire a moving company, here are some tips from professional movers in San Antonio to stay safe when lifting heavy objects,
- You need to maintain a broad base for support when you are lifting a massive object. Place your feet shoulder-width apart and keep a foot slightly (preferably 2 feet) ahead of the other one. This is called as karate stance and it aids you to balance yourself.
- It is important squat closer to the object that is to be lifted and bend your knees when you are lifting something really heavy.
- Also, you have to maintain a good posture when you hoist the item upward. Good posture means keeping your back and shoulders straight, and your chest out. Failing to do so would cause troubles like backaches, heart problems and migraine later on.
- While lifting the objects, do it slowly and make sure not to twist your body or bend forward at any cost.
- Move where you want to set the object down and squat again using your hips and knees to place it there.
These instructions would help you lift heavy equipment more safely and with ease.